Saturday, March 16, 2013

Elsewhere: My Favorite Character


            I am reading the book Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin.  This book is about a fifteen year-old girl named Liz who dies when hit by a car.  Elsewhere is where people on Earth go after they die.  Here you age backward until you are a baby.  Then you are sent down the river back to Earth and you are “reincarnated” in to a baby for someone else.  
            My favorite character in this book is Curtis Jest.  Curtis is my favorite character because he is a complete wild card.  When Liz decided to use the Sneaker Clause, when young people get one year to decide if they want to go back to Earth early, she only told Curtis because she knew that he would not try to talk her out it like Betty, Thandi, Sadie, and Owen.  He is very go with the flow and kinda just takes what the world gives him and doesn’t complain.  Curtis is very laid back and carefree.  He also is an interesting character.  He has an edge about him that no one else has.  He is different.  I like that.
            I would like to meet Curtis Jest from Elsewhere because I would like to ask him why he chose to cut him self to inject drugs into his body when he was on Earth.  He had such a prized life living as a famous singer.  He was like our One Direction.  He was the lead singer in the group.  I want to know what caused him to go over the edge and do something like that to ruin the amazing life that he lived. 

-Maddi (M³)

1 comment:

  1. I like Curtis too because he is someone Liz could count on when she needs his help and he gives Liz good advice when she talks to him.

    ReplyDelete